Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Taking His Time!

Well, I went back to the doctor today and very little has changed since last week. My cervix still isn't where my doctor wants it to be so she wants to wait a few more days before inducing. We scheduled my induction for Monday, March 9 at 5:30 AM (this time its set in stone). If we were to induce on Thursday, I could be in labor forever or the induction drug may not even work. At my doctors appointment today, they did an NST (nonstress test) to monitor Jack's heart rate and movement. The NST also showed if I was having contractions...I acutally had a few minor contractions but nothing major. Jack's heart rate is great and he seems to be very happy!

Today is my due date and we are really anxious for Jack to be here but we don't want to rush things. There is still a possiblity he could come before Monday, but if not, he will definitely be here Monday!!

4 comments:

GINGER said...

I'm so excited for yall!!! I bet you have the baby this weekend, I say Saturday night. Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures!

You should go to the spa, it'll help relax you and all mama's deserve to be pampered!!!

Ginger

The Lloyd Family said...

Good Luck you two! Just relax and enjoy this time alone with Larry - that will change pretty soon :) Wishing you guys the best and a very quick and painless labor!

Jana said...

Yea!! March 9th is a GREAT day - it's Addy's birthday too. I think you'll have him before then but if not, they will have the same birthday. So cool!!

Good luck - before you know it you will be holding him in your arms.

Tammy said...

Ok Shelly Pp said you could have waited one more day! I wish you the best of luck hope it goes well with everything. I can not wait to see Little Jack.

Lots Of Love
Tammy