Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Physical Therapy

Jack had his first physical therapy appointment yesterday morning. I was running late and then got lost so we were 15 minutes late. Our physical therapist was still able to see us for 30 minutes. She told me he had a slight tilt and it wouldn't take long to get the right side of his neck stronger...I was so happy to hear that!! She worked with him for a few minutes and then showed me what I can do at home. She was really good with Jack and he never even cried. Tummy time is a very important exercise but Jack hates it! At first he would do nothing but cry and lay face down in the blanket and now he kicks and will suck on his fist. He will sleep on his tummy, which helps to stretch and strengthen his neck. I know, its a SIDS no no but I only let him nap on his tummy and I watch him very closely. Here are a few pictures of things we've been doing to help get his neck stronger.

I'm not to sure about this Bumbo seat!


Napping on my tummy!


Tummy time isn't too bad.

2 comments:

Jana said...

The only way Addy would sleep was on her tummy. Her dr freaked out but I did it anyway b/c she wouldn't sleep any other way (except in my arms). You have to do what is best for Jack. As long as you watch him closely, he'll be ok.

Tammy said...

I love the pic with him sleeping that red hair. He looks like a big boy in that chair. Sleeping on there tummy girl Presleigh did thats the only way she would sleep.He is getting so big already.