Friday, March 19, 2010

First Week of School

Monday was Jack's first day of school. Larry and I have always wanted to put him in a school or some sort of program around age 1 so he could socialize with other children his age, learn and have lots of fun! After touring a few schools and talking to a few people, we decided on The Children's Courtyard, and we are very happy with our decision. Jack is doing really good! He was a little shy at first but today it seemed as if he had been there for months...he fits right in! When I drop him off in the mornings, he wants down with the other children and doesn't care I'm leaving. Jack is adjusting to just one nap a day and is doing pretty good. As soon as he is done eating lunch and see's his blankie on his mat, he lays down and goes striaght to sleep. He is usually tired and a little fussy by the end of the day but so far so good. He only goes to school three days a week....I'm not quite ready to give up my two days at home with my little guy!

Below are a few pictures of Jack's first week at school. The quality isn't that great because I copied them from a video. Every classroom has a camera in it, and parents can log on to a website and watch there children throughout the day. I'm so curious to see what he's doing, I'm always on it!

Getting ready to leave for my first day of school!


Playing and checking everything out!


Playing ball with his new friend!


Art Time!


Story Time - Jack is sitting right next to his teacher...he loves books!

2 comments:

Patrick, Julie, Will and Scott said...

Looks like he is enjoying it! I am glad you found somewhere you really like ... that is the most important thing!!

Jana said...

Awww! He's doing great! I know he will love it. That's awesome they have cameras so you can watch him. I know it makes it easier on you.